Aside from playing fun games and eating Easter treats, creating crafts with your kids are a great way to celebrate the holiday. Here are 3 easy and fun Easter crafts for 2018 that you can make with your kids:
Easter Bunny Corner Bookmark
- 2 sheets origami paper in pastel pink
- White paper
- Googly eyes
- Glue stick
- Fold your origami paper diagonally in half to create a triangle, white sides in.
- Turn the paper so that the long edge of the triangle is facing you and the tip of the triangle is away from you. Fold the tip of one side of the triangle towards you, so that it touches the long edge of the triangle (pink touches pink).
- Fold the corners of the triangle towards the tip that’s touching the long edge. You’ll create an envelope (with the flap open) shape. Unfold the corners.
- Fold the corners once again, this time towards the tip that’s not touching the long edge. You’ll create diamond shape. Unfold the corners.
- Using the marks that you’ve made on the two corners of the triangle, tuck them into the tip that touches the long edge to create a pocket. You should have a diamond shape with the bottom half coloured pink and the top half coloured white.
- Turn the diamond upside-down so that the white half is at the bottom.
- Using your glue stick, stick the googly eyes onto the pink side of the diamond.
- Cut out bunny ears and a nose on the remaining sheet of origami paper. Cut out teeth and the insides of the bunny ears on the white paper.
- Stick the bunny ears, nose and teeth on your diamond and voila! You now have an Easter Bunny corner bookmark.
- Orange yarn
- 3 green pegs (for 1 cardboard carrot)
- Cut out a teardrop shape on the cardboard using your scissors.
- Lay the end of the yarn on the cardboard flat, and then roll the yarn around the cardboard to secure it. Keep rolling the yarn around the cardboard until it is mostly covered. You don’t have to go in one direction—be as crazy as you want to be!
- Clip the pegs on the rounded end of the cardboard. Now you have a cardboard carrot that you can use to decorate your kids’ room for the big day using Easter Crafts for sale!
Easter Finger Puppets
- White paper
- Glue stick
- Cut a strip of paper from the white paper that’s long enough to wrap around the tip of your fingers. Put a bit of extra paper, so that you can secure the ends and make a ring using your glue stick.
- On the rest of the paper, draw your favourite Easter character’s head. Make it about an inch long.
- Colour in your Easter character using your scissors and then cut it out.
- Stick your Easter character onto the ring that you made, and now you have an Easter finger puppet!
These Easter craft 2018 ideas are fun to make but have you checked The Works? Their Easter crafts for sale are simply too good to miss! What you can’t make, you can buy from The Works, so that you can further spruce up your home for Easter.